The Food Safety and Standards Authority of India (FSSAI) participated in the Drink Technology India, 2019 exhibition organized by Messe Muenchen India from 12 to 14 December 2019 at Pragati Maidan, New Delhi. Drink Technology India (dti), the international trade fair for the beverage and liquid food industry, was colocated with the pacprocess and foodpex India shows organized by Messe Düsseldorf India.
The FSSAI which has participated in these exhibitions in the past was visited by a large number of visitors including Food Business Operators from various parts of the country, overseas importers as well as consumers. The platform was successfully utilized for public awareness as queries of consumers and FBOs were addressed by direct interaction with FSSAI officials at the stand as well as in a seminar.
Visitors were made aware of new initiatives launched by FSSAI. The design, concept, and information available and provided at the stand were appreciated by visitors. Overall the dti platform allowed the FSSAI to showcase its achievements and the progress of its initiatives in the advocacy and regulatory space in food and nutrition.
This year, FSSAI displayed several display panels keeping in mind the visitor and exhibitor profile of the fair. These included:
- Procedure for registration and licensing
- Import Procedure
- InFolNet- Laboratory Network
- FoSTAC- Food Safety Training and Certification.
- Repurpose Used Cooking Oil (RUCO) Tips for using the cooking oil. Repurpose Used Cooking Oil (RUCO) is an ecosystem that will enable the collection and conversion of UCO to biodiesel
- Clean Street Food Hub – To ensure health, hygiene and safety standard of street food for all consumers and upliftment of street vendor community
- Save Food and Share Food. No food waste methods: help solve India’s food waste and hunger crisis by integrating various partner organizations, Food Recovery Agencies and NGO’s.
- Eat Right Logo (Eat Right Thali) – This panel contains information about the healthy foods and the details about the Eat Right India logo.
- Eat Right Simply Three Things (Eat Right Pillar)
- Eat Safe – This Panel contains information about Food Safety Hygiene, FoSTAC, RUCO, and Hygiene rating.
- Eat Healthy – This Panel contains information about limit salt, sugar and oil in the diet, balanced diet and fortified food
- Eat Sustainable – This Panel contains information like eat seasonal and local foods, save food share food, reduce the use of plastic, reduce and conserve water in food processing. Eat Right for Sustainable Living – Reduce the use of single-use plastics. the Food Authority started a consumer awareness campaign, “Eat Right India for Sustainable Living” as a call to action for plastic waste management and reduction of plastic footprint in the industry.
- Fortified Foods – Dekha Kya – Look for fortified foods with added minerals.
- Reduce salt sugar and oil in the diet ‘Aaj se thoda kam”. FSSAI’s Swast Bharat yatra campaign.
The FSSAI distributed leaflets, pamphlets and booklets as well on all three days and its technical officials addressed queries related to FSSAI online licensing and registration, online import clearance, fortified foods, proprietary foods, FoSTaC training and its certification and development schemes.