As part of Confederation of Indian Industry’s (CII) national initiative Surakshit Khadya Abhiyan, CII’s Food and Agriculture Centre of Excellence (FACE) in partnership with Food Safety and Standards Authority of India (FSSAI) is organizing its annual flagship event of 2021, the 16th CII Food Safety, Quality & Regulatory Digital Summit 2021 during 27, 28, 30 July, 09, 10 and 11 August 2021. The theme of the summit is “powering food safety, quality and regulatory programs with next-generation tools, techniques, and technologies”.
For more than a decade, this annual summit has been providing an opportunity for industries, national Governments, codex and global development bodies, academia, consumer bodies, and related stakeholders to come together with a focus on addressing the food safety and regulatory ecosystem through updates on critical and emerging opportunities and challenges. The summit has witnessed the participation of Codex, and global development agencies as FAO and WHO, and leading scientific and technical food safety practitioners from across the world.
The summit will be addressed by Arun Singhal, chief executive officer, FSSAI, and several key eminent national and international representatives of global bodies, industry, and academia.
The key topics of the 16th CII Food Safety, Quality & Regulatory Digital Summit 2021
The summit would provide an opportunity to learn from global experts and industry best practices by focussing on these key technical and regulatory aspects critical to food safety and capture inputs for developing a blueprint on the way forward for India. The key topics are:
- 27 July 2021, 1730 – 1840 hrs IST: Inaugural session
- 27 July 2021, 1500 – 1715 hrs IST: Powering food safety and quality with next-generation food safety technology, tools, and techniques
- 28 July 2021, 1500 – 1800 hrs IST: Food safety and efficacy of recycled plastics for sustainable food packaging
- 30 July 2021, 1500 – 1815 hrs IST: Robust rapid testing and deployment to support real-time action and surveillance efforts
- 09 August 2021, 1500 – 1715 hrs IST: Strengthening science-based standards and addressing scientific gaps in setting MRLs for pesticides towards protecting public health
- 10 August 2021, 15:00- 1815 hrs IST: Global best practices on safety and efficacy of micronutrients
- 11 August 2021, 15:00- 1815 hrs IST: Science behind ingredients levers for product reformulation
The registration link is appended for you to register: